In case of emergency, we’ve got you covered. If possible, we recommend the following steps when you need emergency care:
- First thing’s first: Find the closest medical care you need and get treated. You can use any emergency facility.
- Verify your coverage: Call Member Care to verify your coverage on weekdays 7am-10pm CT and weekends from 9am-5pm CT. If you need to verify your insurance outside of Member Care hours, you can show your digital member ID card and coverage documents from within your member portal by logging in at member.sidecarhealth.com. Once you verify your coverage with your provider, your provider is required by law to bill Sidecar Health directly and not charge you before providing emergency care.
- Show your provider your digital member ID card and remind them to bill Sidecar Health directly:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (855) 282-0822
- Fax: (866) 376-2053
- If you’re asked for a deposit, contact Member Care at (855) 282-0822
The Sidecar Health Employer Plan complies with federal and state surprise billing laws, including the No Surprises Act. In an emergency, you will only be responsible for covered charges up to your deductible/MOOP (Maximum-out-of-Pocket). You will never be responsible for covered emergency charges that exceed your deductible.