In case of emergency, we’ve got you covered. If possible, we recommend the following steps when you need emergency care:
- First things first: Find the closest medical care you need and get treated. You can use any emergency facility.
- Verify your coverage: Call Member Care to verify your coverage on weekdays 8am-8pm ET and weekends from 9am-5pm ET. If you need to verify your insurance outside of Member Care hours, you can show your policy documents and coverage from within your member portal by logging in at member.sidecarhealth.com. Once you verify your coverage with your provider, your provider is required by law to bill Sidecar Health directly and not charge you before providing emergency care.
- Show your provider your digital member ID card and remind them to bill Sidecar Health directly:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 877-653-6440
- Fax: 866-376-2053
- Mail: Sidecar Health, Inc.
440 N Barranca Ave #7028
Covina, CA 91723
- If you’re asked for a deposit, contact Member Care at 877-653-6440.
The Sidecar Health ACA Plan complies with the federal No Surprises Act and Ohio’s Surprise Billing laws. In an emergency, you will only be responsible for covered charges up to your deductible/MOOP. You will never be responsible for covered emergency charges that exceed your deductible/MOOP.
What counts as an emergency under your coverage: When an average person could reasonably think your medical condition needs immediate medical attention to avoid serious impairment or dysfunction.*
*Emergency and Emergency Medical Condition means a medical condition that manifests itself by such acute symptoms of sufficient severity, including severe pain, that a prudent layperson with average knowledge of health and medicine could reasonably expect the absence of immediate medical attention to result in any of the following: (1) placing the health of the individual or, with respect to a pregnant woman, the health of the woman or her unborn child, in serious jeopardy; (2) serious impairment to bodily functions; or (3) serious dysfunction of any bodily organ or part.